Information for Users Upgrading to TechSoft Design V3 from 2D Design V2
2D Design V2 has been the leading CAD/CAM package in UK Education for many years. TechSoft have now released V3 of this popular software, renaming it TechSoft Design V3. Due to popular demand, V3 is to be released in stages as follows:
TechSoft Design V3, V3.0, looks almost identical to 2D Design V2 but has the following most requested features added:
- Multiple Undos/Redos
- Zoom in and out using the mouse wheel or by pressing Ctrl+ or Ctrl-
- Function to draw a Star added (File > Draw > Star)
- Drivers added for the latest Roland CNC Machines
- 32 bit and 64 bit versions provided (automatically detected on installation)
- Setup > Customise > Pathnames replaces the original ini file so that the default locations from which to load and save files can be included in a “Setup”.
- User control over which settings are saved in a setup (Setup > Save Setup).
- Drawings can be tiled vertically (Windows > Tile Vertically)
- Network Managers Installation Program is provided to create the appropriate installation files for distribution.
- Licensing now allows for outright purchase or annual subscription.
- Home Use Licences available so students can use the full version.
N.B. Due to the extra features of TechSoft Design V3 over 2D Design V2, the file format has changed from .dtd to .3vs However, any .dtd file from 2D Design V2 will load into the software using the normal File > Open and any file from TechSoft Design V3 can be saved as a 2D Design V2 .dtd file using the normal File > Save As. (Although there is no advantage to this, it is possible to run TechSoft Design V3 and 2D Design V2 on the same computer.)
Stage 2: V3.1 Available Now
TechSoft Design V3, V3.1, includes the following new features and is available as a free update to all existing V3 customers:
- Improvements to dxf output.
- A “Tidy” function to eliminate small gaps and hidden lines.
Each future release will be provided free of charge to all existing V3 customers as an update:
- SVG output and input.
- Optional alternative interface.
- + Others still to be announced.
TechSoft Design V3 Information